Rate My Blog

Friday, November 16, 2007

Why I hate IPod???

I wonder why so many people go GA-GA over IPods. It’s nothing more than an audio player with some good extensions. “It comes with a huge hard-disk space and supports many different audio formats, and blah-blah-blah…..” is what the IPod users have to say about it.

If one really wants to listen to good music, why can’t he/she use his PC or home-theater system? Whenever I ask this question to people, they come up with the same lame excuse – “I travel a lot. I don’t have time, or the patience to sit at home and listen to music all day long!!!!”.

Consider the life-style of a typical teenager. He/she might spend a max of 1.5 to 2 hours per day to travel between home and office. Even I spend about 2 hours per day to travel between home and office. I have chosen other better alternatives to IPod. I normally use MP3 players, or better still, my mobile itself. If I use my mobile or a tiny MP3 player, I don’t need to carry a pouch, which I had to use if I was using an IPod. This would definitely relieve me from some serious extra baggage J Moreover I can listen to a max of 20 songs in that time. Even a normal MP3 player has a hard disk space of 2 to 4 GB nowadays. And 2GB cards are common with almost the music-edition phones nowadays. Moreover these MP3 players are a lot cheaper than the IPods. Even a 4GB IPod Nano costs around 7k!!!

I’ll never ever buy an IPod in my life. Now a new version of IPod is out – Ipod Video, which can play video files. Honestly, who would like to play movies on such a small device. I would rather prefer to watch them on my PC or TV.

No comments: